#1 Joyful Thoughts Joyful Things

Happy New Year!  Can you believe it is already 13 days into the year??  January is already almost more than half over.  The first two weeks of this year flew by like a flash....I keep asking myself, "Is this what time feels like as you get older?" I wanted to spend this year to really take what I gained last year and investing into them even more better, and with better management.

One of the things I did to begin this better habit lifestyle was put up a white board dry erase calendar under my work schedule calendar.  Each month I get to reflect on my progress, all the while looking forward to a clean slate of better habits and behaviors.  Some things on my list of habits and behaviors to improve upon are such as:  Watering my plants more consistently, changing my contact lessons more consistently for the benefit of my eye health, floss more,  go for a nature walk or hike, bake more, appreciate art on exhibit, and start the week off with creative time to self with inspirations.  The main goal.....

1) to prioritize my creativity!  Last year I experimented with teaching watercolor workshops.  It was a small idea.  My goal was to facilitate and teach 4 workshops.  Basically, one a season.  I was able to exceed my goal and taught 6 workshops and ended up teaching private watercolor lessons.  This year, I wanted to really prioritize my ability to paint and share that creativity.

I will be starting the week with creativity, spend time healing tension, negativity, and worries with inspirational thoughts.  I'm challenging myself to sit with myself through my creativity.  Essentially, it's a challenge to prioritize myself, my mental and emotional health, as well as my gifting. Which I have not done for fun or with joy since 2009.  I  know going back to consistency with myself through watercoloring will change me for the better.

2) Joyful thoughts Joyful Things! - Tiffany Haddish #SheReady  In several of her interviews, I kept hearing Tiffany simply say this phrase as her positive mantra and outlook on life.  She speaks hope and a simple truth.  The main thing is that when we focus on joyful thoughts we gain joyful things and moments in our life.  Eventually those joyful thoughts and joyful things overflows into others.

From Tiffany's inspirational thoughts, came this inspirational thing.  A watercolor piece that I thought was fitting from a quiet, peaceful and joyful moment from 2018.

Joyful Thoughts, Joyful Things, watercolor, 9 in. x 12 in., 1/13/2019

April 2018 my sister and friends decided to venture out to see if we would catch a super bloom.  We set out for a drive to Lancaster, Antelope Valley, CA.  The sight was stunning. That adventure helped me to remember that even among the parched desert-land God can make the most beautiful things grow.  Below are the reference photos and scripture that inspired this piece.  














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roosevelt Middle School: Compton Initiative Workday

Pin the Wattle on the Turkey

#4. Deep Blue